Powerball has recently undergone some exciting new changes! Here are those most important:
- The quantity of Main Numbers available to be drawn has decreased from 40 to 35
- Customers will now need to match 7 Main Numbers to win Division 1, up from the previously required 6
- The amount of prize divisions has increased from 8 divisions to 9
- The odds of winning any prize has increased from 1-in-78 to 1-in-44
- A $100,000,000 jackpot per year is 6-times more likely
After the supercharging of Powerball, the odds of winning any prize (Divisions 1 to 9) have improved from 1 in 78 to 1 in 44!
The odds of winning Division 1 are 1 in 134,490,400 based on a 1 standard game entry. Previously, this was 1 in 76,760,600.